Have you ever seen this sign? “WILL WORK FOR FOOD”
What you did do:
(1) Rolled up your car window and looked straight ahead.
(2) Handed over some loose change – maybe a buck or two.
(3) Said, “I would help, but I don’t have any money right now.”
What you didn’t do:
(1) Said, “You know what, there is an opening at my company and I can get you started right away. Hop in!”
(2) Said, “There are a bunch of projects I need done at my house and you look like the perfect candidate. I can pay you $25 per hour.”
Over 30 million Americans currently filed for unemployment claims. That means there are close to 30 million Americans performing the exact same behavior they once scoffed at. Saying they would work for food “if they could only get a job” but taking whatever loose change the government extends out of the car window.
THE CHALLENGE: Rewind the clock, if you just stepped off the Mayflower you’d be faced with challenges much more severe than you are currently experiencing. You’d breath the same air, work with the same soil, and utilize the same natural resources in order to get on with your life. Did you know in 2020 you still have a MAJOR advantage!
(1) You can access milk and cookies
(2) You have access to toilet paper (maybe)
(3) You probably have access to a device in your pocket with this thing called the internet.
If you spent the last few years of your life stuck in a candy crush coma or trying to find out what the fox says – it’s time to wake up and go do something important. Go choose you. Here’s a tip, add value to society and your bank account will increase (even if you have to wear a cloth face mask). So what do you say… time to file for employment?